This page contains the administration policies of this wiki. These policies are part of the wiki rules.
Staff members of this wiki generally fall within one or both of the following user-rights groups:
- Administrators – Administrators have access to all functionalities of the wiki pertaining to content moderation, as well as the ability to edit the wiki's skin and format.
- Bureaucrats – Bureaucrats have the ability to promote new administrators and bureaucrats. As in the case of many other wikis on Fandom, bureaucrats are generally also administrators.
Users may be blocked from editing on this wiki if their behavior is deemed inappropriate or hurtful. The duration of a block is dependent on the circumstances and will generally be up to the discretion of the administrator handling the problem. Blocks can range from a few days to multiple months, depending on the severity of the offense. Reasons for blocking include (but are not limited to):
- Personal attacks or threats towards other editors
- Spamming links to external sites
- Abusing multiple accounts
- Creating an account with an unacceptable username
- Starting or being involved in user conflicts
Administrators may protect certain pages from editing. This is usually done to important pages or templates that are used in many articles. In rare cases pages may be temporarily protected while an editor conflict is being resolved.
Appointment of new staff members
Non-staff editors can become administrators if the following requirements are met:
- The contribution prerequisite described below is met; and
- At least one bureaucrat endorses the granting of administrator rights to the editor.
The contribution prerequisite is 100 or more edits on this wiki. Edits to the previous edition of the wiki, as documented on this page, count towards the contribution prerequisite. As shown on the linked page, all users who were administrators on the previous edition of the wiki meet the contribution prerequisite.
Please note that administratorship is not a reward for good contributions, nor is it a promotion to have more authority than other users. An administrator is a user who is being trusted with access to certain technical features to aid in the maintenance of this wiki. In general, administrator are appointed on a per-need basis.
Administrators can become bureaucrats if the following requirements are met:
- At least one bureaucrat endorses the granting of bureaucratic rights to the administrator; and
- All other bureaucrats active within the past two years have been notified of the proposed appointment and none of them have objected to the proposed appointment during the two-week period described below.
Bureaucrats are considered to be "active within the past two years" if they have any activity shown in the "contribution" or "activity" tab of their Fandom user profile within the past two years.
The bureaucrat endorsing the granting of bureaucratic rights to the administrator must notify all other bureaucrats active within the past two years by posting a message to their wall describing the proposed appointment. Bureaucrats who have been notified in this manner have two weeks from the time of the notification to object to the proposed appointment.
Other appointment procedures
- Current game developers are granted an exemption to all of the aforementioned requirements for becoming an administrator and/or bureaucrat. Current game developers can become an administrator or bureaucrat by contacting a currently active bureaucrat, who shall grant the request as a matter of course upon confirming that the requesting user is a current game developer.
- If there are no active administrators/bureaucrats on this wiki, Fandom's adoption request procedure may be used to grant administrative/bureaucratic rights to users deemed qualified by Fandom staff.
Other staff positions
The Fandom platform provides for the possibility other staff positions, such as content moderator and discussion moderator. Due to the small size of this wiki, such positions are not typically utilized. Nonetheless, users may be appointed to such positions should the need arise.