The Imp Workshop can be discovered by finding a Camouflaged Goblin Tower in the Desolate Wastelands. Upon completing the quest "The Imp and His Tools", the Imp will offer the services described below.
Upgrades require the ingredients specified by the Imp. The following items can be upgraded:
- All class-restricted schematics-assembled items found in the Dark Forest library. See the items quick reference guide for information about upgraded schematics items.
- Belt of Rage → Belt of Ravaging
- Circlet of Lycanthropy → True Werewolf Circlet
- Neckband of Smiting → Neckband of Smashing
- Ring of Mighty Devastation → Ring of Mightier Devastation
- Desert Artifact → Restored Desert Artifact (requires 100,000 gold and rumor from Thallis inn)
All ingredients can be found in Krolm's Anvil or "Escape from Gar Uta" special quest sequence. Additionally, all ingredients other than Bar of Gold and Cloth of Werewolf Fur can be found in the Thallis Sewers Forts. The Dust of a Dark Phantom can also be found in the Thallis Mausoleum. For additional information, please see the article on Imp Workshop Ingredients.
Rune of Healing activation
It's recommended to do it after you'd upgraded all other possible stuff - otherwise it could cause an unpleasant bug - the things you didn't upgrade before that might disappear from Imp's proposals. If this happened, farm one more of the items you had already upgraded there before, and bring it together with the disappeared one.
Boots of Lunord special exchange
Barbarian and Solarus heroes who have completed the quest "The Dead Wander in Gar-Uta" (therefore having found the Boots of Lunord) can exchange the boots, along with 25,000 gold, for a Barbarian Beard Ring (for Barbarians only) or a Solarus Beard Ring (for Solarii only), as well as the the Imp Schematic for socketing the beard ring.
- After finishing an upgrade, the Imp kicks you out of his workshop and back to the Desolate Wastelands - if you want to return and upgrade another item, you'll have to spend a turn to travel there again.
- During an upgrade of a weapon or an armor, its enchantments [obtained from the Wizards] are being erased [so you'll need to enchant the upgraded version again].